Help Desk Policies
Help Desk hours of operation are 9:00 AM Eastern until 7:30 Eastern, Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
Callbacks are made in the order calls are received except when given elevated priority for the following circumstances:
* The caller indicates an outside technician is on site.
* The caller's company started with the software fewer than 60 days ago.
* The caller indicates that they missed a callback.
Email support requests are entered for callback if the question is unclear, the answer is not straightforward, or the question is one that will likely require repeated back and forth.
We do callbacks rather than keep the caller on hold. Callback time varies depending on call volume. Heavier call volumes usually occur during January and February and the first six business days of the month. In addition, call volume is often heavier close to noontime Eastern and 4 pm Eastern.
The PROMAS support team serves a specific purpose – to answer questions about the functions of the PROMAS programs. Calls are taken in the order they are received. Each call to the help desk may be limited to 30 minutes depending on the backlog at the time.
The Support Team will:
• explain how PROMAS can best handle your specific requirements.
• explain how the different modules of the program work and interact.
• help you organize your profiles and ledgers to receive the maximum benefit of the program.
• address and resolve error messages, explaining what the probable cause and solutions may be.
• track down problems with specific owner/tenant balances for a particular situation.
• review your chart of accounts to identify any obvious mismatches.
• guide you to the appropriate topic in our program Help and our How To pdf documents.
• answer a myriad of miscellaneous questions regarding training classes, print drivers, check styles, windows resources…
• receive and process your requests for improvements to the program.
Step-by-step procedures on how to perform many functions are available in on-line How To documents. If, after reviewing the available documents, you request that we walk you through the process, it is outside the scope of the support agreement. Whenever we can provide these services, they are available at an additional cost (see below). Examples include walking you through:
• standard transaction posting
• downloading an update from our website
• backing up or restoring your data folder
• installing PROMAS on a new computer
• conversion or start-up procedures
• fixing payments recorded in error
We are often asked to provide support for certain functions that are outside the scope of the normal support agreement. Whenever we can provide these services, they are available at an additional cost (see below). These include, but are not limited to:
• Provide general Windows support (copy, cut, paste…functions)
• Fix multiple posting errors, including security deposit refunds and transfers
• Repair damaged database files
• Train employees
• Map your network drive
• Resolve other issues that are not PROMAS program related